July Business Services (JULY) is seeking a person to join our sales team as Regional Sales Director. This is an opportunity to join a growing firm with national sales channels, strong core values, and an entrepreneurial spirit. If you enjoy working with investment advisors and small and mid-sized retirement plan clients, have expertise in retirement plan design, and like a competitive environment building out a sales territory, this may be a good fit for you. The person in this role will report to JULY’s National Sales Director. The assigned sales territory would include a 5-10 state region depending on the location of the candidate.
JULY is a growing financial technology retirement plan services company that partners with institutions and financial advisors to design and implement successful retirement plan strategies. We combine innovation and technology with hands-on service to make retirement plans easy for our clients. JULY provides high quality retirement plan services to over 6,100 small and mid-sized employers, representing more than 120,000 plan participants.
Our firm is headquartered in Waco, Texas, and in addition to our home office location, we support a thriving virtual workforce with a strong company culture where employees can grow and develop their professional talents. We have an entrepreneurial and employee-friendly culture and emphasize core values of wow! service, having a servant’s heart, and innovation. We offer competitive salaries and benefits and a family-friendly culture.
- Strengthen JULY’s brand in the territory by pro-actively building and managing relationships with investment advisors, third party administrators, and key strategic partners.
- Meet or exceed an annual sales target of $250,000 to $350,000 in new business revenue (60 to 90 new clients).
- Communicate with advisors to understand needs and develop solutions.
- Work with an Internal Sales Associate to build proposals and plan illustrations.
- Participate in various marketing initiatives, including presentations at local and regional events.
- Provide limited support to plan sponsor clients with a goal of strengthening relationships with advisors.
- Work with advisors and clients to complete setup paperwork and coordinate plan setup.
- Use Zoom and Teams to meet with investment advisors, third party administrators, and prospective clients.
- Travel in the territory on a periodic basis to help support key relationships.
- Interact with JULY operations team members to promote process improvement.
Experience / Credentials
- Expert-level knowledge of the retirement plan industry
- Understanding of retirement plan design, retirement products, and investments
- QPFC, QKA or equivalent designation or willingness to attain within 18 months
- 3 or more years in retirement plan sales
- Experience in an open-architecture environment a plus
- Experience working with fee-based RIAs and expert retirement plan advisors a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 401(k) Plan with fully vested 5% employer match
- Company pays 100% of employee health insurance
- Three weeks of Paid Time Off