Get Your Plan Back on the Right Path
- JULY Professional Services
Plan sponsors and fiduciaries need a trusted partner that has years of in-depth knowledge of the regulations governing qualified retirement plans. JULY’s team of
professionals helps you resolve issues in the event your plan faces Internal Revenue Service or U.S. Department of Labor scrutiny.
- Regulatory Scrutiny on the Rise
A complex web of laws governs employee benefit plans including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as well as many state and local laws. As a result of this complexity as well as the impact of recent economic events, it is not uncommon for plan sponsors and fiduciaries to find themselves facing administrative scrutiny or claims brought by plan participants or beneficiaries.
- Common Problems Faced by Plan Sponsors and Fiduciaries
Below are some examples of problems that plan sponsors face because of the increase in administrative complexity and regulatory scrutiny
- Plan operational failures
- Failure to amend plan documents
- Inadvertent failure to follow provisions of plan documents
- IRS Audits or DOL Investigations
- Claims relating to other aspects of plan administration such as reporting, disclosure, notice requirements, and discrimination issues