July Business Services is a national retirement plan services firm that specializes in helping small and mid-size employers and their investment advisor set up and operate 401(k)s and other types of retirement plans. We combine innovation and technology with hands-on service and support to make retirement plans easy for our clients.
We are now seeking an experienced 401k recordkeeper to serve as Recordkeeping Manager for a small team of employees. The person filling this role will be responsible for supervising day-to-day responsibilities of the team and ensuring they complete daily recordkeeping tasks. This employee will work alongside another Recordkeeping Manager and will report to the Director of Recordkeeping Operations to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient completion of JULY’s 401k recordkeeping processes.
Primary Job Objectives
Review and monitor team processes and support team members to ensure work it is completed daily.
- Oversee daily recordkeeping operations, including daily fund reconciliations, negative cash balances, fund changes, aging cash and daily cases and tasks from the service teams.
- Help team members prioritize, research, and resolve requests and tasks assigned from the Client Service Managers or other team members.
- Hold one-on-one meetings with recordkeeping employees to provide coaching and support and conduct performance evaluations.
- Train new hires and identify training opportunities for current staff.
- Serve as the internal recordkeeping contact for a small block of retirement plans.
- Utilize strong communication and service skills to meet the needs of clients and team members.
- Understand and communicate key recordkeeping functions to support internal team members.
- Document and manage projects within JULYs CRM software tool.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and legislative/regulatory requirements.
- Assist with process improvements and technology innovation to ensure operations are efficient.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Mastery of 401k recordkeeping processes.
- 5 to 10 years experience with 401(k) Recordkeeping.
- Experience with FIS Relius Recordkeeping Software a Plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years or more of related experience required.
- QKA designation preferred.
- 401(k) Plan with fully vested 5% employer match.
- Company pays 100% of employee health insurance.
- Four weeks of Paid Time Off.
- Company-paid education and certification through ASPPA and much more.
Email your resume to email@example.com
Send Us Your Resume